Saturday, December 30, 2023

Epic Knight Detachment fully kitbashed

 At long last, I have kitbashed all the figures needed for my Chaos/Traitor Knight detachment for use with Epic: 40,000. These are, again, Battletech minis modified with additions from the bitbox - occasionally through rather aggressive plastic surgeries. 

The plan for now is to run it as a mixed detachment of five Knight Castellans and six of the faster, lower-firepower, higher-assault Knights (the old 3e Epic rules -- or, rather, the community-made added rules for Mechanicum Knight forces -- just use the two kinds. 3e is a very straightforward system). 

Most of them still need primer, let alone paint; a few of them look rather silly for now, but I'm confident that once painted up they'll look quite nice (this has been my experience so far). 



Here are a few closeups of some of the final additions: 

Battletech 'mechs with bitz from the Chosen Chaos Marines sprues. That purple curved armor carapace was ... the lid of a dental floss pack! Once it's all spraypainted and spiffyfied, I think these guys will look great. 

That helm-crest was the blade of an Orkish axe. Now, I feel it gives this fella a bit more Oldhammer flair. 


Along with these, I have three other 'mech conversions to add - a Scout Titan and two Traitor Warhounds, who will look quite un-canonical! 

On to priming and painting. Whew! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, recent spamming attacks necessitate comment moderation prior to posting. Thanks for leaving a comment - I'll get to it shortly!