Saturday, March 9, 2024

Painted Update - $$-store Birdhouse Turned 40k Imperial Shrine

 As I explained in my last post, this started life as a cheap wooden birdhouse from the dollar store. Add various bits of junk and bitz-box bits, and now it's a minor shrine for the 40k imperial cult. I may still tweak it a bit, but it's now mostly done. 

I wanted to combine a bit of Oldhammer goofiness with a vaguely sinister feeling of faded glory. I think this should help spiff up the table games quite a bit. I almost threw away the handful of birdhouses I purchased dirt-cheap, but after this result, I may convert the other two into something Warhammery as well. 







2 comments:

  1. that's pretty cool. There are also aquarium pieces that would work for various fantasy games and cheaper than minis. There is this large dinosaur skull I keep looking at....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! We have a rock outcrop/mountain thing that came from the local pet-tank store, along with some plastic jungle foliage. Works really nicely among our home-built terrain.

      Delete

Unfortunately, recent spamming attacks necessitate comment moderation prior to posting. Thanks for leaving a comment - I'll get to it shortly!